Terms & Conditions
It is the responsibility of you, to read, understand and accept the TripReviews Online Inc. (herein known as “TripReviews”) Terms and Conditions of Use (herein known as “terms”) before using this website. By using this website you agree to comply and be bound by these terms. If you do not agree to any portion of the terms state herein, do not use this website.
TripReviews reserves the right to modify or change any portion of these terms at anytime as per our sole discretion. Any modifications or changes to these terms will come into immediate effect upon posting to this website. Your continued use will constitute full acceptance of any modifications or changes made.
RESPONSIBILITY (What we do and what we are responsible for) TripReviews act as an online travel community where users can post their views and opinions on a various number of products, services and topics. These views and opinions come in many forms, such as travel reviews, ideas, stories, descriptions and tips. As such, a vast portion of the content on this website has been posted by the various users of this website. TripReviews does not take responsibility in anyway for the individual views and opinions of any of its users.
TripReviews is not a travel agency or booking agency and does not charge any fees to our users. Any pricing posted on this website is done so by our partners who have purchased advertising placement on the website and/or users who have posted content to the website. TripReviews is in no way takes responsibility for the validity of these prices. Many of the prices advertised on this website do not include taxes and/or fees. Users should check with the partner’s website for full disclosure of any possible taxes and/or fees. In addition to pricing validity, TripReviews also makes no guarantees towards availability of prices and/or possible length of stay requirements, blackout dates, qualifications or restrictions.
CONTENT OWNERSHIP (Who owns what) Content on this website has been created by a various parties, this includes content that TripReviews has created, our partners have created or our users have created. All content published on our website, including, but not limited to, written content, photographs, graphics, images, illustrations, marks, logos, video clips, and animations, are protected by TripReviews copyrights and trademarks or by the copyrights and trademarks of our partners. None of the content found on this website may be reproduced, republished, displayed, distributed, modified, sold, or transferred without the written consent of TripReviews, unless used, without modification, through our open source xml transfer partnerships.
By submitting content to the website, you give TripReviews the irrevocable and fully licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, edit, translate, publish, distribute, create offshoot work from and display such content throughout the website or any other media whether know or hereafter developed. You also give TripReviews the right to use the name that you associated with such content and you warrant that you own and control all the content that you submit or otherwise have the lawful right to submit such content. You also assure that any content submitted is not misleading, inaccurate or otherwise falsely represented. Further more, content submitted must not violate any other part of these terms and must not violate the rights of any other person or entity. Any such content that is not submitted in accordance with these rules will be removed from the website and your account may be deleted if deemed necessary by TripReviews. TripReviews reserves the right to lawfully pursue any person or entity that submits content in violation of these terms. TripReviews is under no obligation to post user content to the website and reserve the right to reject or delete any user content for any reason deemed necessary.
Any and all content submitted by registered users is considered to be the property of the registered user and as such, they have the right to delete their content at anytime without permission.
All content submitted by users is considered non-proprietary and non-confidential and TripReviews is under no responsibility to verify or substantiate any content that may be in violation of any users and/or third parties. TripReviews is under no obligation to attribute authorship of content to any users nor shall TripReviews be obligated to enforce any legal dispute against any user brought on by any third parties.
USER CONDUCT (How you have to behave on the website) This website is to be used to share and/or gather information on travel-related opinions, services and products. This website may not be used for any and all of the following:
- to submit, in any form, any content that is defamatory, unlawful, offensive, derogatory, threatening, dishonest, harassing, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, or other that could constitute or promote conduct that would be considered illegal, in violation of civil liberties, or violate any law;
- to submit, in any form, any content that is considered false, fraudulent, or speculative;
- to submit, in any form, any content that infringes or violates that rights of any third party, including, but not limited to privacy rights and proprietary rights;
- to submit, in any form, any content that contains viruses, corrupted files or any other programs or software that may damage the operation of this website or any other user’s computer;
- to intentionally alter, inflate, diminish or manipulate any ratings for the purpose of falsely representing the quality of any accommodations, attractions, destinations, cruise lines, cruise ships or any other product and service that are represented on the website;
- to advertise, sell or promote and goods and services for any commercial purpose or to solicit any business for commercial purpose, with exception to advertiser who have entered in to a specific agreement authorizing such action;
- to contact other users for the purpose of conduct not related to the website or for commercial related purposes, this includes, but is not limited to surveys, schemes, chain letters, contest, spam or any other items that are deemed inconvenient to other users;
- misrepresent or impersonate yourself and/or your affiliation with any other person or entity;
- delete or falsify any proprietary designations of the origin or source of any content appearing on the website.
- harm, harass, or stalk any other individual;
- collect or store personal data of any of the website users
- violate any laws whether local, state, federal or international, or any laws that are applicable in the region of your use;
OPEN SOURCE CONTENT (Stuff you can put on your website) TripReviews offers our website content in an open source xml format which allows you to place TripReviews content onto other websites. TripReviews content placed on external websites is still considered the property of TripReviews and is bound by these terms. Before using our open source content you must warrant that you will abide by the rules and regulations set for herein.
Before including TripReviews content on an external website, you must agree to:
- not alter the format in which it is distributed
- not place TripReviews on any website that displays any content that is defamatory, unlawful, offensive, derogatory, threatening, dishonest, harassing, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, or other that could constitute or promote conduct that would be considered illegal, in violation of civil liberties, or violate any law;
- clearly display the TripReviews logo which is included within the xml code
- not remove or alter the link to TripReviews which is included within the xml code
COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT If you believe content on this website is in violation of your copyrights, consult the following items before notifying TripReviews of your infringement claim.
- make note of the content that you believe infringes on copyrights and provide this information in your claim. This should include a link to the webpage where the content is located
- include a full and exact copy of the material that is being disputed.
- your contact information must be included in your claim, this includes your full name, email address and telephone number.
- all claims must include the following statement: “I, in good faith, believe that the material in this claim infringes on copyrights. I swear, under penalty of perjury, that information in this claim is accurate and I am the copyright owner, or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of material that has been allegedly infringed upon.”
- if a false claim of copyright infringement is made, you may be liable to for any damages and fees associated with the false claim. If you are not sure about am alleged copyright infringement, we suggest you consult legal advise.
Copyright infringement claims should be mailed or email to: TripReviews Online Inc. Attn: Content Department 445 West 6th Avenue Vancouver, BC V5Y 1L3 Canada
All copyright infringement claims that comply with the above items will be reviewed and responded to.
ADVERTISEMENTS TripReviews’ website is supported by advertisements and links from various third parties. The advertisements and links are provide as added value to you and it is solely at your discretion whether you choose to participate or correspond with any of the third parties advertisements or links on the website. TripReviews does not warrant or endorse any of the advertisements or links found on the website and is not responsible for the accuracy of any such content that may be included with the advertisements or links. This includes, but is not limited to, any availability, pricing, products, booking deadlines, blackout dates, services or other resources. TripReviews is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage that may occur as a result of deal with any such third party advertisers on this website.
WARRENTY DISCLAIMER The website, including all its content and the services provided, whether by TripReviews or third parties, is provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind. TripReviews does not guarantee, warrant or endorse the accuracy, truthfulness or reliability of any such content posted by any third parties. TripReviews is not responsible for any errors or omissions relating to any text, photographs, graphics or images located throughout the website.
While reasonable measures are taken to ensure that the website and its server(s) are free of destructive materials, TripReviews does not guarantee that the website will be free from such materials. TripReviews takes no responsibility for any loss or harm incurred or allegedly incurred as a result of such materials. TripReviews recommends that you protect yourself against such materials by using industry recommended software that protects against viruses, worms, trojan horses and other malicious programs. TripReviews does not warrant that the website will be uninterrupted and will not be liable or responsible for any loss or harm suffered or allegedly suffered in the event of a failure or interruption of the website.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY YOU WAIVE ANY RIGHT AND AGREE NOT TO PROCEED WITH ANY CLAIMS OR ALLEGATIONS OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER AGAINST TRIPREVIEWS NOR ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, SHAREHOLDERS, CONSULTANTS OR AFFILIATES AS THE RESULT OF OR IN ANYWAY RELATING TO THE USE OF THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING ITS SERVICES, CONTENT AND MATERIALS WHETHER CONTAIN IN OR MADE ACCESSIBLE THROUGH THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE OR DELAY IN OPERATION; DAMAGES OR INJURY; ALLEGED INFRINGEMENTS OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS; ALLEGED ERROR OR INACCURACY OF SIGHT CONTENT; OR ANY OTHER CLAIMS OR ALLEGATIONS FROM YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY ARISING FROM YOUR USE OR OTHER EXPLOITATION OF THE SITE. YOU USE THIS WEBSITE AT YOUR OWN RISK.